Welcome to DGNHAS
Welcome to the new version of the DGNHAS website, which is more accessible using mobile devices and more easily maintained than the earlier version.
All the content of the earlier version is available here, possibly in a new form and accessed in a different way. The main difference is in searching the website and gaining information on the contents of the online Transactions using TDGNHAS index cards. See the Searching page for more information.
General feedback and information on errors or omissions are welcome. Please e-mail the webmaster using the link on the Contacts page.
The programme will include the following talks:
- Results of the 2019 season at Vindolanda (Dr Andrew Birley)
- Recent excavations outside the fort at Benwell (Richard Carlton; Tony Liddell)
- Fieldwork undertaken as part of the Wallcap project (Dr Rob Collins)
- The results of further analyses of burials excavated at Birdoswald in 2009 (Tony Wilmott)
- A study of coinage in the northern frontier zone (Douglas Carr).
See the poster for more information.
The Lecture Programme for 2019-20 is now available. See elsewhere on this page for full details.
Please note that the Friday evening meetings will now be held in the Dumfries Baptist Church Centre, Gilbrae Road, Georgetown, Dumfries, and not in the Cumberland Street Day Centre.
Clish-Clash is the e-newsletter of the Scottish Local History Forum.
The newsletter gives recent and forthcoming news about activities in the local history community.
“Clish-clash” means “repeated gossip” in Scots, and the newsletter passes on information about local history activities.
The aim is to issue Clish-Clash bi-monthly, but this depends on the amount of information received from SLHF members and others.